Staying safe - information for children
We want you to enjoy life and have fun − but we want you to be safe too.
There are a few simple steps you can take to stay safe while you're out and about.
- make sure your parents know where you are going and who you are with
- make sure your mobile is charged
- don't accept a lift from a stranger − get a taxi or ask your mum and dad to pick you up
- avoid short-cuts or dark alleys
- keep valuables like wallets and purses out of sight
- if you are approached or feel threatened find a place with lots of people, shout or scream loudly or knock on a door for help − you won't look stupid
- if you are attacked, don't keep it to yourself − ring the police, talk to someone you trust
- in an emergency tel: 999.